Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's been a long time ...

Wow. Has it really been a month and a half since I've updated this blog? That's precisely the reason I was a bit unsure if I should even start it in the first place. I hope to be a bit better at this whole update thing in the future.

Since the last update, eons ago, I am now walking without a crutch. I've had two doctors appointments. At both, my doctor has told me that I need to step it up with the strength training or I won't be on the snow this season.

We've also been to Mammoth twice this season since my last update. I think I've ridden the gondola down more times in the last two Mammoth trips than I had my entire life (prior to this season). I don't like riding the gondola down. It means I'm not skiing down.

This has got to stop.

I need to resolve (and no New Year's resolutions here) - to getting my leg stronger. To get rid of the popping sound every time I walk. To get on the bike seven days a week, not just four. To change up the strengthening - it's not just about squats anymore. Maybe I'll actually get to a real gym one of these days.

We go to Mammoth on the 16th for five days. I'd like to attempt to take my equipment for nothing more than motivation. Okay, and maybe a wedge behind Campbell on 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment